What are dental implants?
- Dental implants are the best option to supplement the missing teeth and fix dentures.
- Implants are made of titanium.
- The implant acts as the root of the missing tooth.
- Dental implant procedure requires only on spot anesthesia of the patient.
Thanks to advances in the field of implantology we can improve oral health.
For many years, thanks to implants the patients recovered lost teeth, and thus again can enjoy the natural appearance of their teeth. The first implants were implanted in 1960. Now, thanks to nanotechnology, the company BIOMET 3i developed NanoTite™ implant to help you recover your own natural smile. The potential benefits of NanoTite implants can be compared to the security offered by airbags in our cars.
The implant versus the natural tooth.
Is it possible to distinguish the implants from our natural teeth?
Implants are an ideal solution to fill the gaps in teeth, as well imitate natural teeth.
Complete implant has the crown of the tooth, which reproduces the appearance of the adjacent teeth enamel coating. This element, which is attached to the connector or the pillar of the prosthesis is the equivalent of a core of dentin.
The pillar is attached to the titanium implant anchored in the jawbone and acts as tooth root.
WHY USE IMPLANTS?
Dental implants have many advantages:
- They improve the quality of your life. You will get back the possibility of eating a variety of food.
- No longer will you have to use denture adhesives.
- You take care of implants the same way as you would for your own teeth
MUCH BETTER APPEARANCE
Implants prevent bone atrophy, which preserves natural features of the face
Implants provide better crushing of food eaten, which helps to digest.
Advantages of implants:
- PREVENT THE POSSIBILITY OF THE DAMAGE OF ADJACENT TEETH
- THE MORE RELIABLE COMPARED WITH TRADITIONAL METHODS
- YOU CAN EAT MORE DIVERSE FOOD
- HELP MAINTAIN THE AESTHETIC APPEARANCE OF THE FACE
- AN ALTERNATIVE TO PROSTHESES
- LOOK AND FEEL LIKE REAL TEETH
- THERE IS NO NEED TO USE ADHESIVE
- NO EMBARRASSING SITUATIONS RELATED TO LOOSENING OF THE PROSTHESIS
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT OF TOOTH LOSS
- Implants are very similar to natural teeth in terms of appearance, feel and function.
- Unlike the standard three-point bridge, to supplement the lack of a single tooth, there is no need to reconstruct the adjacent healthy teeth to maintain a bridge
FILL UP OF MANY TEETH GAPS BY IMPLANTS
- Implants, as opposed to partial dentures, function and look like natural teeth. By using implants we avoid feeling discomfort. We won’t be exposed to unsightly metal hooks that are visible when using the prosthesis.
- You should know that titanium implants are so strong that there is no need to replace each separate tooth with an implant.
- Your dentist choose how many implants you will need to have.
RAPID RESTORATION OF MISSING TEETH
If the latest effect of restoring missing teeth requires a long waiting time, it causes difficulties in daily functioning, and raises concerns about facial appearance.
Now, thanks to the DIEM™ system:
- You have the possibility to replace the removed tooth with a prosthetic supplement already on the day of removal.
- With the immediate addition of the missing teeth it will prevent a disappearance of the bone.
The LOCATOR system:
Movable and removable prosthesis - it's a method of restoring tooth loss by imitating nature. The advantages of removable dentures for the patient:
- This method allows you to restore functionality and aesthetic appearance of natural teeth.
- The treatment is planned, and has a predictable effect.
- With the process of healing, the implant is naturally connected with the bone.
- Implants are the basis on which crowns are placed to imitate natural teeth.
- Implants help preserve the natural appearance of teeth and face so that they maintain the density and volume of jaw bone.
- Because the implants are attached with the so-called connectors, you are guaranteed safety and durability of the prosthesis.
- Prosthesis on the implants is removed by the patient themselves.
- Keeping hygiene with prosthesis on the implants does not create any major problems. Just regular brushing and visits to the dentist.
- Only your doctor will know that beautiful smile you have is because of implants!
Individual prosthetic beam - another option for restoring tooth loss imitating nature. The advantages of removable and movable dentures by the patient:
- Supplementing total tooth loss by this method allows full restoration of functionality and aesthetics of natural teeth.
- The treatment is planned, and its effects can be predicted.
- Natural healing processes merges the implant with the bone.
- The dentist sets on the implant prosthetic crown that function and aesthetically imitate the lost teeth.
- Implants help to maintain good dental and facial appearance, thanks to the fact that they provide the natural density and volume of the jaw bone.
- Denture snaps onto the bar based on implants placed in it by the mount.
- Prosthesis can be removed independently.
- Denture hygiene, based on implants consist only of regular brushing and visits to the dentist check ups.
- WOnly your doctor will know that beautiful smile you have is because of implants!
BIOMET 3i Company Implant placed in the bone. Implants are so strong that not every missing tooth must have one implant.
Then the dentist combines implants by using special screws.
Once healed, the implants are installed by so-called connectors, which act as the cores of new teeth.
beam is placed at the top of implants prosthesis is upholding thanks to stable base provided by the implants
- Based on analysis of X-rays, your dentist is developing a treatment plan.
- After local anesthesia, the surgeon places the implant in the bone, this procedure is short - just 20 minutes.
- Under optimal conditions, the fuse of the implant and bone may occur after only two months.v
- The implant acts as a tooth root, stabilizes the prosthetic superstructure.
- After a period of not less than 6 weeks from the performance of surgery, the doctor settles healing screw to form gums.
- The dentist takes an impression from the patient, which is sent to the laboratory.
- Based on the model, the technician makes a porcelain tooth crown, so that its shape and the color is consistent with the other teeth.
- Superstructure and crown replaces the natural tooth, both functionally and aesthetically.
- After a period of not less than 2 weeks, the doctor settles superstructure and crown on the implant. In effect the look and feeling of having a natural dentition comes back.
- The use of cold packs in the early postoperative period.
- Use of antibiotics and painkillers, according to the recommendations of the dentist.
- Rinsing the mouth with a special liquid recommended by the doctor (0.2% chlorhexidine gluconate).
- The use of postoperative soft brush.
- The use a soft diet.
- Avoidance of physical effort up to the time of stitches removal.
- Coming to dentist appointments.
Dr. dentist Thomas Gladysz
Specialist in Oral Surgery
Co-owner Unident Dental Center
Lecturer in the Department of Surgery at Jagiellonian University Medical Center
Senior Assistant in the Department of University Surgery Dental Clinic in Krakow